Director Product Strategy
Company: Nelnet, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber
internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But
that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we
take our business wherever superior customer experiences and
ingenuity are needed. -The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our
benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a
community invested in the success of each individual. That support
comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of
creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and
work.The Director of Product Strategy is responsible for defining
the product vision and ensuring products adequately support the
strategic mission of the company, based on internal and external
stakeholder input. This position evaluates product ideas, collects
and analyzes market and competitive intelligence, and supports
product launch and marketing activities. The Director is the
principal evangelist for Nelnet Campus Commerce (NCC) products and
services and is accountable for their alignment with the strategic
goals of the company, as well as clients' stated and anticipated
business priorities. This position defines requirements for new and
enhanced products, develops and maintains the product roadmap, and
works in as a liaison between customers, IT and Implementation on
all product related initiatives. As a leader, the Director
contributes to the growth of NCC.
1. Develop and maintain a product vision for the entirety of Nelnet
Campus Commerce (NCC).
2. Manage, maintain and carry out the Product Roadmap.
3. Manage product lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
4. Conduct market research, trend-spotting and strategic planning
activities, including: gathering and analyzing intelligence on
competitors' products and services; collaborating internally and
externally (with clients) to develop, champion and extend a product
and service vision; and articulate plans for achieving the
5. Identify strategic product opportunities and drive definition of
next generation products based on in-depth knowledge of the needs
within the marketplace and extensive direct customer interaction.
6. Conduct in-depth market, industry and competitive analysis as it
relates to product positioning.
7. Manage our Product Client Advisory Board. -
8. Participate in and provide support for all pricing related
9. Directly manage Product Owners and Product Managers for NCC
whose responsibilities encompass the product/service development,
implementation and management of the entire lifecycle.
10. Collaborate with Business Analysts, Developers, QA Team,
Project Managers, Technical Support, and Release Management to
ensure technical specifications are achieved when bringing a
product/service or enhancement to market.
11. Provide support to the Sales, Operations and Implementation
teams as new and enhanced products/services are delivered to the
12. Build and maintain status as a cross-functional leader,
internally and externally evangelizing products/services in the
13. Manage annual budget for department. -
Bachelor's Degree in a business related field or equivalent
1. Minimum of 5 years of direct Higher Education experience,
preferably coming from a college or university position.
2. Experience with emerging technologies and technology trends.
3. Experience with managing product team members and executing a
strategic plan around SaaS based product offerings. -
4. Experience with payment processing, banking and finance is
preferred. -COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Team player with strong leadership, motivational and
organizational skills. -
2. Effective skills in forecasting, monitoring and adjusting
staffing requirements. -
3. Ability to lead meetings and committees within NBS and Nelnet.
4. Customer focused, results driven self-starter. -
5. Strong written and oral communication skills. -
6. Ability to identify and articulate go-forward product vision for
company expansion and growth. -
7. Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to and manage
multiple concurrent projects. -
8. Knowledgeable in the preparation of reports pertinent to area of
responsibility with the ability to effectively deliver
presentations as needed.
9. Proven skills in handling stressful situations and meeting
10. Analytical with strong problem solving skills.
11. High degree of proficiency with computer applications
(primarily MS Office products). -
12. Flexibility to adapt quickly to new situations, programs, and
-Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and
FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life
insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program,
employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement,
performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability,
and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our
benefits: LINK .Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies
with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure
that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are
treated during employment, without regard to race, color,
religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status,
age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual
orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected
by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals
with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to
apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such
accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725
or firstname.lastname@example.org . Nelnet is a Drug Free and
Tobacco Free Workplace. Nelnet is a leading student loan servicer -
but we're even more than that. We're a professional services
company, telecommunications innovator, and K-12 and higher
education expert (and that's just the shortlist). For over 40
years, we've been serving our customers and making their dreams
Keywords: Nelnet, Inc., Draper , Director Product Strategy, Executive , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!