Asphalt Quality Control Assistant Manager - South Wasatch Front
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job ID: - 391959Staker Parson Companies, a CRH company, is a
member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the
future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety,
empowerment, and development of our employees. -We strive to be the
preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products,
ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services.
-We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect,
innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength. -
-Position OverviewThis position is accountable for all aspects of
Quality Management. Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control
program designed to ensure continuous production of products
consistent with established standards by performing the following
duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. -Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensures a safe working environment in compliance with all
-Safety Polices for all employees and visitors to the facility.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product
specifications to determine present standards, and establish
proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and
coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation
with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize
- Directs Field Technician in inspection and testing activities
to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to
product, quality, and reliability.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality
in order to maintain customer relations.
- Job requires an extensive knowledge of aggregate, and asphalt
and respective test standards and the ability to perform/analyze
- Responsible for design and overseeing of all submissions of all
concrete mix designs and their implementation at the plants.
- Responsible for overseeing all field testing. - This includes
cutting cores, taking densities using nuclear gauges, various other
types of sampling and testing as needed.
- Responsible for all Material Certification submittals for the
Company and outside customers as requested.
- Responsible for being liaison between the Company and outside
testing labs. - State Departments of Transportation, appropriate
County and/or Cities, and independent labs are included.
- Responsible for informing the proper supervision of test
results and giving technical advice and information when requested.
- This includes prompt notification of supervisors of poor test
results and other deficiencies when they occur.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records of test results and
- Required to take continuing education courses when available
and at superior's discretion.
- Reliable attendance is essential in performing this role.
-QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. -
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5-10 years in the aggregates and asphalt industriesWork
- Safely operate various types' equipment related to work
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and
procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
- Must be willing to travel to jobsites and work away from home
- Report to work at the designated start time. Reliable
attendance is essential.
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or
supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
- Available to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Test product for the required specifications depending upon
- Ability to use all tools required to complete testing of
- Strong Leadership skillsPhysical Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Climb: ascend/descend three point entries into cab of
- Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (50 lbs.)
from one level to another.
- Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (50 -lbs.) directly on
hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to
- Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and
knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
- Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (50 -lbs.) to
move it from one location to another.
- Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
- Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body
weight on one or both knees.
- Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with
partial flexion of the knee while standing.
- Twist: using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to
cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of
- Requires being exposed to extremes of hot, cold and wet
- Fumes: vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the
result of combustion or chemical reaction.
- Gases: carbon monoxide and ozone.
- Dust: airborne particles of any kind such as dust.
- Hazards: closeness to moving mechanical parts; slipping while
ascending/descending equipment cab;
- Working near live traffic while on the job site.
- Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses
(prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest,
gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection. -The
statements included in this job description are not intended to be
all-inclusive. - They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. - Other duties may be
assigned as required. - Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Staker Parson Companies, a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Draper , Asphalt Quality Control Assistant Manager - South Wasatch Front, Executive , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!