RN Case Manager
Company: Elevation Hospice, Primary and Palliative Care of
Posted on: May 17, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Case
ManagerSALARIED/EXEMPT: YesREPORTS TO: Director of Clinical
Services or DesigneeSUPERVISES: No Direct ReportsTRAVEL
EXPECTATION: YesLOCATION: Local Branch
JOB SUMMARY:The Registered Nurse Case Manger (RNCM) will provide
direct patient care services tohospice patients and supportive care
to the patient's family; manage an interdisciplinarygroup (IDG)
consisting of Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses, Certified
NursingAssistants and support staff to enhance the quality of
hospice care; and case manages allassigned patient clinical
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promotes and practices the Sage Hospice and Palliative Care
philosophy andmission: To provide the absolute most compassionate,
comprehensive andqualified care to people with life-limiting
illness in order to serve them throughtheir individual journey with
dignity, respect and integrity.
- Assures the highest quality of care is provided and documented
in accordance withthe Plan of Care (POC).
- Performs the initial and on-going assessment of the
- Helps develop and implement the POC as prescribed by the
physician and inconjunction with the other members of the IDG.
- Responsible for the education of the patient, family or other
caregivers in relationto needs identified on the POC, including but
not exclusive to medicationadministration, dressing changes, oxygen
administration, hospice philosophy andcare of the terminally ill
- Works closely with other members of the IDG to provide
all-inclusive physical,psychosocial, educational, emotional and
spiritual services including bereavementsupport to the patient and
family to achieve the highest quality of care.
- Maintains primary control and professional management of each
patient and actsas primary liaison between physician,
patient/family and hospice team so as to befully aware and abreast
of all clinical issues, staffing and scheduling concerns.
- Reports any change in the patient's condition to both the
Attending Physician andHospice Physician.
- Maintains close contact with the patient's family and/or
significant other toprovide information, support and continuity of
- Maintains communication with facility, group home and private
- Maintains an accurate and updated medical record, including all
IDG notes,POC's, initial and on-going assessments and any other
information pertinent to thecare of the patient.
- Performs on-going review and follow-up on assigned patient
clinical records toassure quality services are provided, standards
of practice are followed, andcompliance with policies, procedures
and regulatory requirements is met andmaintained.
- Practices infection control measures and standard
- Makes routine supervisory visits of and with all other team
members at leastmonthly.
- Monitors scheduling of all staff.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge pertaining to the
management of pain andsymptoms in the dying process.
- Participates in the Sage Hospice and Palliative Care Quality
Assessment andPerformance Improvement Program.
- Attends staff meetings.
- May be requested to participate in agency on-call
- Consistently promotes Sage Hospice and Palliative Care core
- Completes Sage Hospice and Palliative Care annual
- Performs other activities as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in oncology, long term
care, or hospice orhome health.
- Current licensure in the state of residence.
- CPR certification.
- Current automobile insurance and valid driver's license.
- Must be able to effectively operate nursing assessment tools,
computers, facsimileequipment, copier and cellphone.
- Must have and maintain transportation to be used for work.
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along
with understanding ofhospice.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the special needs to hospice
patient and families.
- Knowledge of roles of all disciplines providing hospice
- Excellent patient assessment skills.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Maintains high standards of integrity and business ethics.
- Conducts self in an honest, ethical manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Documentation and program management.
- Knowledge of general nursing practice.
- Thorough knowledge of managed care principles, regulatory
guidelines (i.e.,Medicare, ACHC and human resource) management
principles and applicablelaws and regulations.
- Abides by Sage Hospice and Palliative Care rules, policies and
- Reports promptly any suspected violation of compliance
- Sensitivity to the impact of life and death issues faced by
individuals with terminalillness.
- Ability to support others at a time of crisis.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility by performing a variety
- Communicate effectively with people of all socioeconomic
- Responsible functioning in the workplace, maturity,
cooperation, flexibility, tact indealing with co-workers and all
members of the hospice team.
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel or crouch.
- Endure long periods of driving.
- Stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
- Ambulate on rough surfaces and climb stairs.
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs. when transporting supplies and lift
and turn patients inexcess of 50 lbs.#elevationutind
Keywords: Elevation Hospice, Primary and Palliative Care of , Draper , RN Case Manager, Executive , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!