Director of Marketing Technology - Remote within the US or in Office (UT, PA, CA)
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Director of Marketing Technology
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we
give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges
the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven,
dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our
company and the community to the next level (and every level after
that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it's good, we
look for better. We don't over think the value we bring nor spend
time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some
crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav!
Here, you'll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the
trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are
connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our
people are one - it is a way of being not just a cause you are
committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically
developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
As the Director of Marketing Technology, you will play a critical
role in the modernization and transformation of marketing
technologies by building scalable solutions which meet the needs of
both Nav users and internal partners. You will help fuel the growth
of Nav by driving strategy, and through managing and executing
marketing technologies to help rapidly scale multi-channel customer
experiences. As an experienced and passionate leader, you'll design
our omni channel roadmap to help our users receive personalized,
relevant and contextual messaging across multiple channels. Through
close collaboration with marketing, engineering, analytics, data,
and product teams - you will be driving the roadmap and delivery of
game changing features that help customers have meaningful
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Define the long-term technical product vision supporting the
functional areas of cross-channel media strategy and planning,
buying, marketing operations, campaign reporting and
- Partner with leadership and cross-functional teams to identify
internal & external customer needs
- Develop and deliver innovative products and services that
enable marketing planning and optimization at scale.
- Collaborate with adjacent tech and data teams to leverage the
capabilities across business teams while building mechanisms to
document requirements, user stories, project status, root cause
analysis and other communications that keep teams informed,
aligned, and working well together.
- Develop comprehensive audit and SWOT analysis of existing
processes, technologies and applications.
- Architect the company-wide marketing technology vision,
strategy and roadmap in concert with Data Science, Analytics,
Product and Engineering teams.
- Identify and drive implementation of marketing technology
solutions, creating the processes for delivery and execution that
leads to operational efficiencies in alignment with Product
- Closely manage cross-functional teams through delivery,
removing roadblocks, problem solving and tracking
- Identify and socialize opportunities for innovation through new
technologies, markets, partners, trends.
- Develop relationships with platform vendors to gain insights
into platform optimizations and opportunities.
- Support and deliver end user change management and
- Define our roadmap for inspecting data quality and data
performance over time to ensure the highest possible ROI for our
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Demonstrated success in B2B demand generation, funnel
optimization, and program management through building and
integrating a wide range of different marketing technology
- Deep understanding of the marketing technology landscape,
including MarTech, AdTech, and WebTech.
- Strong technical acumen of analytics, data components, and
marketing automation platforms, CRM, CMS, CDP, web, analytical
tools, and ad technology
- Marketing and advertising technology platform expertise
(Salesforce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Launch Darkly, Optimizely,
Tealium, Wordpress, Google Marketing Platforms, Heap and other
optimization, personalization and research and feedback
- Advanced understanding of digital marketing, user experience,
data architecture, usability testing, segmentation, data integrity,
- Experience leveraging automation to accelerate product launch &
adoption at scale
- Ability to translate complex technical architectures into
- Facilitation skills that support clarity and alignment across
- Experience evaluating tradeoff decisions between scope and
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards
- You enjoy dealing with high ambiguity, complexity and broad
scope that can be at the epicenter of our initiatives.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical
levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator,
analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are constantly researching and assessing MarTech best
practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You are curious and try new ideas constantly, learn from them
and execute again.
- You are comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down
and to the side.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting
demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines
and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the
businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly
original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants,
veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are
college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners
and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to
upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We
are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have
created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express
their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be
proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL.
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and
transparency. Compensation shouldn't be a distraction, and
employees should understand how pay and career advancement
decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table
stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity
should only be something that our children read about in history
books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership,
competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of
creating a culture where people want to give the best they've got -
not because they're simply making money, but because they've fallen
in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits
Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we
were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements.
Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee
Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women's, PRIDE,
culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development
Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A NAVERICK'S DNA:
- We look at the future and say "why not"; we see possibilities
where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and
are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other
with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We
ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from
others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose
to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take
responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than
adopting defensive, and "finger pointing" behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond
what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams &
creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves
through enabling & coaching.
Keywords: Nav, Draper , Director of Marketing Technology - Remote within the US or in Office (UT, PA, CA), Executive , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!