Chief of Staff to the VP of People
Posted on: November 19, 2022
The Opportunity: Do you have a passion for people and
operations? Do you enjoy enabling people to do their best work? Do
you love the fast paced nature of a fast growing start-up? If the
answer to all of these questions is YES, read on!
We are looking for someone to join our high-performing People team
as the Chief of Staff to our VP of People. As Chief of Staff, you
will have the opportunity to build and drive people programs from
0-1. Your work will directly impact the effectiveness of our
leaders and team members. You will work closely with our VP of
People and the rest of the executive team to drive adoption and
promotion of our most impactful people programs!
The most exciting part of this role is that you have the
opportunity to impact different parts of the business and
eventually lead a function of the people team (HR Business Partner,
People Operations, Total Rewards, etc.)! The sky's the limit!
Who you are:
- You have strong analytical skills. You are a master of excel
and data manipulation, and can convert data to a digestible
- You have a strong track record of being self-sufficient,
proactive, and resilient. You operate with full autonomy and call
for support when needed.
- You are a leader of people-and not just someone who can manage
direct reports. You have the gift of influence and can naturally
drive adoption and change management at every level of the
- You are empathetic. You approach every people matter from a
place of empathy and understanding while balancing the needs of the
- You are intellectually curious. You proactively research and
keep a pulse on trends to ensure we are always compliant in our
- You have a strong desire to work at a fast-paced startup.
Outcomes you'll own:
- Establishing yourself as a thought partner and leader at Belong
by proactively engaging cross-functional teams.
- Creating and running programs (for example, onboarding, new
tool rollout, etc.) and then find ways to build in
- Working with and advising different teams on how to codify and
make consistent the onboarding process for their teams.
- Continually seek opportunities to enhance our people team
processes and company's people practices.
- Creating cultural initiatives to create a sense of belonging
and purpose within our globally distributed teams.
- Creating training needed by the current and future workforce,
preempting what the team will need 6 months down the road (manager
training, culture deep dives, etc.).
- Drive engagement/retention throughout the employee
Experience you'll need:
- Experience working at companies during periods of hyper-growth
or relevant consulting experience.
- Advanced analytical skills (excel).
- Experience building and launching programs from 0-1.
- Experience translating qualitative and quantitative data into
actionable insights and value propositions.
- Demonstrated track record of proactive and strategic
- Excellent communication skills.
- Huge plus if you have experience administering/managing HRIS
systems (we use Rippling).
Keywords: Belong, Draper , Chief of Staff to the VP of People, Executive , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!