Principal Technical Architect
Company: COX Enterprises
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Primary Location: 13693 S 200 W, Draper, UT, USADivision: Cox
AutomotiveJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: Yes, 5 % of the
TimeSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 211527 Cox
Automotive is looking for an experienced Principal Technical
Architect to join our team. The Principal Technical Architect is
responsible for architecting and designing comprehensive solutions
that meet functional and non-functional (e.g. performance,
security, and operational considerations) requirements in support
of a given initiative. The Technical Architect plays a role in
establishing architectural vision and direction, architects
technical solutions, provides advice and guidance, monitors
emerging technologies, and helps in technology evaluation and
selection. Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys,
sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation! Your Role:
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards,
policies, principles and procedures that guide technology decisions
and maximize reuse of technology.
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to
architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and
- Develops functional, logical, and technical architecture for
project and platform initiatives, and collaborates with project
teams to realize them.
- Identifies necessary non-functional requirements (performance,
security, operational concerns) and participates in the development
of conceptual architecture.
- Evaluates technology, security, performance, availability, and
interoperability requirements and produces high level design
deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that
are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Recommends options for the resolution/prevention of technical
debt and to facilitate rapid development and implementation.
- Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and
systems technical development, and where possible, makes
recommendations for improvement.
- Contributes performance, security, and operational items to
backlog of development team.
- Provides technical guidance and oversight, acts as a point of
escalation and serves as a technical expert on projects.
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies,
practices, platforms, and products to delivery team and other
- Mentors on business knowledge, technology, and career
- Assists in the identification, analysis, and resolution of
technology infrastructure problems.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current
technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal
applications of technology to meet business needs.
- Recommends improvements to processes and technology that
improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Conducts Proof of Concept for feasibility studies.
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of
hardware and software technology, as well as the design of standard
configurations for a particular project. Qualifications:Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science degree or related field
or equivalent combination of industry related professional
experience and education
- 10 years+ of working experience as a practicing architect
- Experience in technology development and delivery in Internet
- Experience with AWS or similar Cloud based environment
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience as a technical architect
- Experience as a Technical Lead on large-scale software
implementations with design and hands-on development
- Experience in multi-tier enterprise architecture
- Experience designing and developing enterprise
- Experience with relevant database technologies
- Experience documenting and presenting architectural
- Experience working across multiple teams to influence
consistent architecture patterns What We Look For:
- Master's degree / PHD in related field
- Industry involvement (e.g. speaker at conference) Who We Are
About Cox Automotive There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive.
We are people of every background driven by our passion for
mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We
make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for
everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents,
we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the
automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for
our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book,
while others are creating the future of automotive at
industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About
Cox We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com. Cox is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes. - provided by
Keywords: COX Enterprises, Draper , Principal Technical Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!