Lead Database Administrator
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Primary Location: 13693 S 200 W, Draper, UT, USADivision: Cox
AutomotiveJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: Yes, 5 % of the
TimeSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 218561The
Lead Database Administrator is responsible for the development and
design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving
database performance and capacity, and planning for future
expansions. This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical
skills, especially in performance tuning, as well as excellent
interpersonal and communication skills. Roles and
- Would be responsible for maintaining and supporting all
Production/QA/development Oracle, MySQL , PostgreSQL DBs.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes,
including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure
high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Working with multiple project teams on database design and best
- Help developers to performance tune code related to database
- Provide support for critical production systems. Independently
analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem
- Identify any issues related to database performance and provide
- PL/SQL intermediate knowledge.
- Install and configure new all database systems.
- Managing high-transactional VLDB (multi-terabyte) production
24x7x365 database environments
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, administration and
performance tuning of Oracle 12c , 19c databases running on
- Participate in the on-call DBA rotation
- Carryout periodic database maintenances such as re-organizing
the tables, rebuilding the indexes etc.
- Configure and maintain high availability in a hybrid
environment - AWS and On_prem
- Automating the recurring database tasks by writing UNIX shell
scripts and schedule them in cron
- Automating the recurring database tasks by writing terraform
- Proven knowledge in running large production system at AWS.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
- BS degree in related field and 7+ years of related experience;
or an equivalent combination of education and work-related
- Minimum of 3 years in running large OLTP and BI production
systems at AWS.
- Minimum of 7 years managing high-transactional Oracle and other
- Minimum of 3 successive major Oracle versions upgrades. 10g to
11g , 11g to 12c and 12c to 19c.
- Minimum of 5 years managing Oracle Golden Gate.
- Minimum of 3 years managing MySQL , PostgreSQL databases.
- Minimum of 2 years managing AMS DMS.
- Minimum of 1 year managing Apache Kafka and/or using AWS
- Minimum of 5 years writing and debugging PL/SQL code.
- Minimum of 7 years being part of on-call DBA team.
- Minimum of 2 years using terraform or
- Must be capable of working well individually as well as in a
team setup with minimum supervision
- Outstanding communication and troubleshooting skills with a
positive attitudeNice to have:
- Experience in an agile scrum environment
- BI and Informatica experience is an added advantage
- Load testing knowledge experience
- Experience with Python language
- Kubernetes experience
Who We AreAbout Cox AutomotiveTheres nothing ordinary about Cox
Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion
for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We
make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for
everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents,
we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the
automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for
our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book,
while others are creating the future of automotive at
industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About
Cox We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.Benefits of working at Cox may
include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement
planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave,
flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on
what benefits you may be offered, .Cox is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will
receive consideration for employment without regard to that
individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or
ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable
accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee
with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue
hardship. Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar
Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we
formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to
our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager,
or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Draper , Lead Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!