Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: November 16, 2022
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing!We're committed to bringing passion and customer
focus to the business.RoleThe ML Labs organization within
Proofpoint has ushered the next wave of intelligent features into
the cybersecurity and compliance products of the company. We seek a
Software Engineer who embodies our values and who desires to work
on next-gen AI/ML systems that will transform our future product
offerings.We are accepting applicants at both the junior and senior
level. You'll be part of a small team working with other engineers
and data scientists to improve the security and efficiency of
Proofpoint's customers by taking product ideas from concept to
production. The ideal candidate will understand the issues related
to working with data at scale. - You will need a passion for
learning new technologies and the ability to understand new
concepts quickly.The immediate project needs require both Java and
Python proficiency as you will help build out a large-scale data
pipeline that will host the next generation of machine learning
models designed to improve our suite of compliance related
products. Additionally, you'll support and improve an existing
product that applies machine learning models that streamline the
compliance process for some of our Fortune 500 customers.What
- Write Java code for an ETL pipeline that will process billions
of messages each month.
- Write Python code that wraps various machine learning models
permitting them to process various message data streams.
- Write Terraform code that provisions parts of the machine
learning application build and runtime infrastructure.
- Work with data scientists to capture and label data, build and
deploy ML models, and measure their efficacy.
- Deploy these various applications and systems in an AWS cloud
- Develop appropriate unit and integration tests.
- Measure and monitor system performance for scalability and
- Interact with other Proofpoint teams on product
- Work with partners outside of the ML Labs team, including
product managers and domain experts, to make sure that we are
delighting our internal customers and stakeholders.Desirable
- BS and/or MS degree in Computer Science or closely related
- Interest in data processing, machine learning, and/or computer
- Experience with the full product lifecycle, from requirements
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g., Terraform) in a
cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience with containerization, cluster management, and
orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
- Proficiency deploying and maintaining scalable and highly
- Familiarity with the AWS suite of technologies
- Knowledge of source control management, coding standards, code
review, and build processes
- Strong experience in Java and/or Python and a willingness to
program in both
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux shell and command-line utilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills#LI-PH1If you
like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: Proofpoint, Draper , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!