Company: Sterling Construction
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for an experienced structural welder who can do
outside, rough welding. The welding often times will be outside,
dirty areas. This will require vertical and overhead welding 3G and
4G Certifications. We do help individuals with getting certified
when their certifications stay with current or past employers.
This is NOT an inside / shop welding
Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged
components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames,
tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and building and bridge
parts by performing the following duties. Many of these jobs are
not full time, the size of the project and organization of the work
determining whether a worker spends all his time on one job or is
transferred from task to task as the project progresses to
completion. Some workers habitually work in one branch of the
industry, whereas others transferred from task to task as the
project progresses to completion or according to the availability
of work or on a seasonal basis. May be designated according to
specific work performed
Essential Responsibilities and Abilities
Welder II responsibilities and abilities include but are not
limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc,
submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and
- Be involved with pile driving, pile welding, etc.
- Perform general laborer work when required
- Read and understand blueprints, designs and plans
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- A minimum of 4-7 years of outdoor, structural welding
experience or equivalent combination of education and
- Have 3G and 4G Certifications or obtain shortly after being
- Work as a welder majority of the time, but be willing to do
laborer work and other responsibilities when welding is not
- Pass a welding test before being hired.
- Experience reading blueprints, designs and plans,
- Ability to perform welds and tasks on time with meeting
standards of quality.
Keywords: Sterling Construction, Draper , Welders, Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!