Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last
40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states
and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and
children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care
for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically
ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical
settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of
Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based
tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and
telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide
high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of
almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced
practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts
who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great
care of the patient. We invite you to join the Mednax family and
help shape the future of health care.
The diagnostic medical Sonographer provides diagnostic
ultrasound tests for patients in the Maternal Fetal Medicine
setting. The diagnostic medical sonographer works with other
members of the healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to
* Prepares patients for ultrasound examination.
* Prepares patients for physicians.
* Explains procedures to the patient prior to the commencement
of the testing and provides patient education related to medical
* Explains procedures to assure cooperation and optimum test
* Ensures the appropriate consent and/or declinations are
* Conducts ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and records
anatomical, pathological and/or physiological data for
interpretation by a physician.
* Assists physician during invasive procedures requiring
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Maintains patient charts and records, and records and
processes sonographic data and other pertinent observations made
during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting
* Code appropriately for services performed; submit completed
billing work sheets daily.
* Notify Patient Service Associate of additional services
performed which require authorization.
* Maintains proper operation of the ultrasound equipment.
Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective
* Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of ultrasound
* Maintain archives/records scans.
* Maintains effective working relationships with patients,
medical staff and the public.
* Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner, recognizing an
individual's religious, ethical, and moral opinions/beliefs.
* Recognizes ethical, legal and professional issues inherent in
providing care to patient.
* Comply with safety and security training and OSHA
* Complete all required Compliance Training.
* Participates in staff development, in-service workshops and
* Participates in professional development activities and
* Maintains professional affiliations.
* Performs other assigned duties as directed
* An individual must possess a current/valid certification in
* Satisfactory completion of one of the following; at least two
(2) years in Allied Health Educational Program and one (1) year
on-the-job training in ultrasonography, or completion of an
approved ultrasonography educational program.
* Maintain or be eligible for certification the American
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
* Must provide evidence of continuing education credits to
fulfill accreditation requirements.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in
detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to
give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and
expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands
change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or