Company: Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
SUMMARY The Framing Specialist's responsibility first
and foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by
inspiring creativity within our customers and making JOANN their
happy place! All Team Members drive sales through advanced product
knowledge, innovative merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy.
The Framing Specialist is responsible for driving sales and
profitability of the custom framing department through the use of
exceptional customer service, creative ability, and execution of an
effective work flow. The Framing Specialist will also embody
characteristics and perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and
Inspire. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIESHEARTS
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs.
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project
needs and escorts them to the desired product's location.
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floor".
- Ensures friendly service is provided to every customer by
having a "heads up" approach in the Frame Department.
- Maintains visibility in the Frame Department to assist
customers and team members.
- Achieves and maintains appropriate certifications (e.g., cash
register, Lock Down Method) as required by policy.
- Processes sales transactions by using proper cash handling
- Promotes and updates customer mailing list.HANDS
- Learns specialty framing software and trains other team members
- Ensures proper receiving and stocking of frames and framing
- Ensures protection of all property left by customer to be
- Maintains the standards outlined in the 10 Minutes to a
Successful Frame Shop Checklist (JAS-1268-SOP).
- Accurately completes all forms, logs, reports, and other
- Uses the correct methods for measuring, cutting, scanning, and
ringing Jo-Ann product.MINDS
- Drives sales in Framing Department using GUEST assisted selling
- Creates impactful merchandise presentations in the Framing
department according to Company standards.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures related to
- Develops creative framing ideas and customizes framing orders
according to customers' needs.
- Produces framing orders according to Company productivity
- Learns new framing techniques and suggests additional framing
components with each order.
- Prepares Framing department for promotional events by using
Event Sales Planner.
- Ensures accurate signage in Framing department.
- Maximizes sales opportunities by having the right framing
products in Framing department.
- Maintains housekeeping and organization standards and
cleanliness of department.
- Completes daily recovery of Framing department.
- Ensures safety guidelines are followed within department.
- Orders framing supplies.INSPIRE
- Trains team members on merchandising framing products, selling
and completing framing orders.
- Coaches to "Best Design Selling" and "Rule of 3"
utilization.SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Sales experience
- Strong knowledge of POS system and Windows-based computer
- Retail operations familiarity
- Working knowledge of scheduling software and Microsoft
- Strong organization skills
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects
- Ability to interact collaboratively with others
- Ability to get work accomplished through others
- Ability to communicate effectively in a group environment
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on business
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (e.g., carts,
tubs, etc) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Individually lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis and lift
up to 100 pounds with assistance from another Team Member on
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladders.
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- May use 2-way headsets (hear incoming messages and provide
verbal response).EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience Minimum: Basic knowledge of POS system and
Windows-based computer application
- Experience Preferred: 1+ years in a customer centric
environment EXPECTED AVAILABILITY
- Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of
- Part-time Team Members are gener ally scheduled to work less
than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period, as
defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week.
- Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all
hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of
week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends,
overnight shifts, and holidays.--
- Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the
Team Member's availability.
- Relocation may be required for career progression.-- This
position will be located at:268 E 12300 S Draper, UT 84020-8184
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary
is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will
employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by
JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the
at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by
both you and and authorized representative of JOANN. Posted 11 Days
Ago Full time R27944 About Us JOANN is a creative and dynamic
company buzzing with energy and passion for inspiring creativity to
help our customers find their happy place. Rooted in Cleveland
since 1943, we are now more than 870 stores strong, and continue to
grow as a company and a brand during this exciting time for our
industry. A career at JOANN offers you the chance to stand out,
collaborate creatively with cross-functional team, and enjoy both
personal and professional growth. Creativity is in our DNA. All
creative thinkers take risks. They rely on instincts others don't
have. They take leaps of faith without safety nets. And they have a
vision others don't see. Our founders were just these sort of
thinkers. In 1943, Hilda and Berthold Reich sold cheese and
fancy-foods in Cleveland when their friends asked them to consider
selling fabric. Without the Reichs' courage to take the leap of
faith needed to re-invent themselves, the Cleveland Fabric Shop
would never have been born, let along grow into the largest fabric
and craft retailer in the country. We're proud of this history, and
are looking for creative thinkers, risk-takers, and other people
with vision to join our team and help carry on the tradition of
helping people make things with their minds, hands and,
Keywords: Jo-Ann Stores, Inc., Draper , Framing Specialist, Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!