JR Survey Party Chief
Company: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Co.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We pride ourselves in our family-based culture. Here's
what just a few of them have said about working here: "My job is
always interesting. We are always coming up with new concepts and
new ideas on how to build our projects. My experience at Ralph
Wadsworth has been 100% positive. They are always there for you
professionally and personally" - Wayne Bowden, Project Manager -
hired in 1989 "Great people and great jobs. Wadsworth has given me
a lot of experience and opportunities to learn. They'll give anyone
the opportunity to step up if they really want to." - Javier
Alvarado, Foreman - hired in 1993 "There are a lot of opportunities
to grow and develop. RLW is an award winning company with award
winning people. It's nice to know when you come to work everyday
that the people you're working side by side with are passionate,
engaged, and want to succeed." - Chris Dillman, Project Manager -
hired in 2010 "All you gotta do is work hard, be hands-on, and be
willing to learn . We have a lot of great team mates that will help
you learn the ropes and help you build a career here. I started out
as a concrete laborer and then moved up . . when the opportunity
arose to become a surveyor, I chose to try that out and I have
loved surveying ever since." COPYRIGHT 2019 Ralph L. Wadsworth
Construction Company Posted Date 2 months ago (3/25/2021 2:48 PM)
Job ID 2021-3771 # of Openings 1 Category Craft Overview Under the
direct supervision of the Survey Division Manager and Sr Survey
Party Chief, the Jr Survey Party Chief performs technically complex
paraprofessional field surveying duties to support Machine Control
Paving, including profilographing, and construction staking and
performs other duties as required on heavy highway and commercial
projects. The Ideal candidate would have construction survey
experience including, staking, setting project control points,
running levels, experience with Trimble and Leica survey equipment,
understanding of plans, machine control models, surfaces,
experience with Trimble business center. Experience with staking
building grid lines, footings, wall lines. Responsibilities The new
hire will be working in a team and eventually task with solo
responsibilities - the responsibilities could change depending on
the assignment. The hours (60-70+ hours a week) will be long and
the ideal candidate needs to be willing to work at least 6 days a
week during the summer months (peak construction season).
- Assist in making plane and/or geodetic surveys for
construction, topographic, right-of-way, and control survey
- Participates in pre-survey planning meetings with project
managers, resident engineers, and contractor representatives.
- Assist in survey and mapping methods, use of equipment, and
field safety procedures.
- Gathers field survey data through use of conventional and
Global Positioning System (GPS) methods.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment, including
electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in
order to measure distances, elevations, and angles.
- Prepares field notes and drawings; and performs field surveying
for roadway, bridges, and flood control projects, including
installing surveying construction stakes, tying out existing
intersection ties, and locating or establishing vertical and
horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries,
and property lines.
- Performs complex surveying calculations using engineering
calculator, laptop computer, personal computer, and graphics and
coordinate geometry (Cogo) software, such as AutoCad-Softdesk.
- Prepares finished grade sheets, topographic maps, records of
survey, corner records, and other survey reports.
- Researches existing record information, including record maps,
plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents
- Maintains field data records, survey project files, and
- May perform mapping compliance or other related office survey
duties as a temporary assignment in order to satisfy the
training/experience requirement for the Professional Land
- Ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Proactively upholds all safety polices and standards.
- Maintains strict adherence to Company policies and
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree or higher in Civil Engineering or Construction
Management or technical degree or equivalent experience with
related trainings / education.
- A minimum of 1 year of survey experience in field
- A minimum of 1 year of survey experience with a heavy Civil /
Highway construction company is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with Trimble and Leica
equipment, Trimble business center and understanding of plans,
machine controls models, surfaces.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and MS Outlook Exchange
- Must be willing to work solo (in the future), nights, weekends,
and be willing to travel (from time to time, in the future). Sorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Co., Draper , JR Survey Party Chief, Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!