Do you love music and have a passion for sales and business
development? Do you have a natural inclination to put your
customers first and support their needs? The Outbound Sales
Representative (or, Gear Advisor as we call these rock star
Associates!) is empowered and responsible for managing all facets
of the customer experience. He/she will be responsible for
establishing, servicing, and maintaining a customer base in an Omni
channel environment. The Gear Advisor is the "face" of our business
and expected to provide our Customers with the best buying
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the
- Manage all aspects of customer accounts.
- Perform Outbound calling and other revenue generating
activities to increase existing revenue and develop new
- Manage your book of business accounting for key KPIs including
but not limited to net sales, margin %, call counts, and warranty
- Grow your customer database and build revenue
- Offer exceptional service taking advantage of all sales avenues
to achieve and exceed goals.
- Understand and articulate the advantages of our company over
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel,
- Proficient with standard business applications such as the
internet and email
- Ability to successfully attain Level IV Product Certification
in all product categories within allotted time scheduled.
- Ability to operate a computer and type 30 WPM.
To join our band you'll need the following experience:
Rock and Roll Preferences:
- Recent graduates of a Music Business programs --- or
- People with music industry experience in retail sales or as a
manufacturer's rep, Gear Heads: people who love talking about the
latest new gear with others who share their passion
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A strong knowledge, and real passion for the gear we sell
- Driven, self-motivated, dedicated, organized, enthusiastic,
Why join the Gear Advisor Team?
- HUGE employee discounts on music gear and Guitar Center
- An amazing culture!
- Casual dress code -- wear shorts to work!
- Food trucks
- Video game rooms
- Ping Pong room (and tournaments!)
- Employee events, games and parties that make this a great place
- Paid hands on training
- Employee Product Room, filled with cool music equipment!
- Join our music community!
- Frequent Employee events, games, parties, and all around fun in
- A robust, comprehensive benefits program including Gig Leave,
to accommodate a musician's tour schedule
- Performance based incentive program
About Guitar Center
Guitar Center is the largest multi-channel musical instrument
retailer in the world! Our company and our Associates embody the
world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find
their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians
and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and
non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable
happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in
putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity
and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair
and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants
regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status
or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or
local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid jobrelated
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation
to express interest in a specific opening. You can request
reasonable accommodation by calling 1818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by
sending an email to email@example.com.
3-5 Years Consumer to Consumer, B to B, or Consultative Sales
Ability to work independently
Strong written and verbal skills
Ability to communicate professional and effectively
Compensation is based on a base pay, plus commission and plus
spiffs plan structure
Work From Home minimum requirements: a dedicated home internet
connection, 10+Mbps download 1+Mbps upload, modem capable of
supporting the speed of your internet.