Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Surgical Tech you
want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity
for you to join Lone Peak Surgery Center which is part of the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At Lone Peak Surgery Center, we offer eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you
want to work as a(an) Surgical Tech where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Tech
contributes to the company's mission and vision by assisting with
the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with
a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may
include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and
assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room
turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent
clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration
with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized
skills required for the role of the surgical technician in
accordance with Association of Surgical Technologists
- Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking
and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
- Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of
instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
- Assist in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases,
disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and
- Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in
equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to
supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program
- One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in
an ambulatory surgery center)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as
required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement;
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment *Online certification
Lone Peak Surgery Center is located in Draper, Utah. We serve
the residents of Salt Lake County. Our AAAHC accredited center is
one of the newest in the area. We perform over 300 cases a month.
Services in dental, ENT, gastro-intestinal, colonoscopy,
gynecology, interstim, orthopedic, lap bands, minimally invasive
spine, plastics, podiatry, sports/spine, urology and weight loss
balloon procedures. As a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory
Surgery Division, we follow our mission. Above all else, we are
committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical
Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.