Underwriting Intern - Summer 2022
Company: Auto-Owners Insurance Company
Posted on: November 12, 2021
A career at Auto-Owners is challenging and rewarding. Our group
of caring associates create financial security by helping
individuals and businesses make a new start when a loss occurs.
Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a
motivated individual to join our team as an Underwriter Intern. The
position requires the person to:
- Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with
company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting
- Became familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and
endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
- Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical
characteristics of risks.
- Acquires a working knowledge of supporting sections of the
- Effectively communicate with independent agents and other
employees through verbal and/or written means.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Student should be currently enrolled and entering their junior
or senior year in college.
- Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to resolve complex issues.
- An interest in developing product knowledge through
participation in approved educational programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Auto-Owners Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. The Company
hires, transfers, and promotes on the basis of ability, without
consideration of disability, age, sex, race, color, religion,
height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or national origin, or any factor contrary to federal, state or
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current
or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Keywords: Auto-Owners Insurance Company, Draper , Underwriting Intern - Summer 2022, Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!