Senior Safety Coordinator (2568)
Company: Southland Industries
Posted on: May 8, 2022
PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
At Southland we aspire to build a workforce that's as diverse as
the people who occupy the buildings we design, build and maintain.
Building talent by design, is our intentional approach to creating
a truly safe, collaborative and inclusive work environment that
fosters growth, empowers professional achievement and where people
are treated with respect at all levels.
If you're someone with a true passion for our industry, a life-long
learner, with high accountability and a drive for results we're
looking for you! At Southland, we hire problem solvers that are
focused on providing customer value through continuous improvement
and will take ownership to create the best experiences that will
have an impact wider than their own job. We thrive on creating a
strong company and culture where you'll feel engaged, challenged
If you're ready for the next big step in your career and want a
career full of fun and excitement and to be a part of a fast-paced
growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an
organization that values PEOPLE, SAFETY, INNOVATION, COLLABORATION,
INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
Southland Industries is growing and we're looking for a new Safety
Coordinator to join our team! In this position, you'll be promoting
safety and regulating all safety procedures to ensure that
Southland Industries meets all safety requirements by coordinating
all division safety activities
What you'll do:
- Supports and promotes general safety policies and procedures to
be followed by company or field personnel in compliance with local,
state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Will tour and inspect job sites to detect existing or potential
accident and health hazards, and report to the safety manager and
superintendents recommendations or corrective or preventative
measures where indicated.
- Will work with outside contractors, on job sites, as directed
by the safety manager, in continually assessing organization
processes addressing safety issues.
- Will maintain knowledge of company's policies and procedures
enforcing and supporting them to all co-workers.
- Will work on a job site to ensure safety of our crews while
planning and executing the site safety requirements.
- Will maintain all site required documentation related to safety
issues, i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, training
- Review daily job hazard analyses.
- Assist employees in providing emergency response, as
- Strive for continued growth of your professional knowledge and
skills to contribute to the team dynamic.
- Assume additional assignments/tasks as needed.
- Assists to devise and coordinate training programs or media
which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote
safety consciousness including working with the safety manager to
complete new employee safety training.
- Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries
compiling information in preparation of material and evidence for
- Helps compile and submit accident reports required by
- Conduct safety meetings and provide on-site safety
- Maintain excellent field presence to monitor safety
- Recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective
What you'll need to be successful:
- Must hold effective people skills, basic communication skills,
considerable problem solving skills, and moderate functional
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to think
- Strong computer skills: must have experience in Microsoft
Office and ability to access OSHA information via the
- Knowledge of health and safety management systems.
- Working knowledge of OSHA CFR 1926 standards or the state
construction safety regulations.
- Able to perform onsite jobsite inspections.
- Work with project personnel in a professional and mature manner
in order to maintain the integrity of the company and relationships
- Perform all functions and responsibilities in partnership with
the company's culture, corporate vision, ethics, and code of
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Health, and Environmental Applied
Sciences or a related discipline, preferred.
- Certifications in CPR and First Aid, preferred.
- OSHA 10hr, OSHA 30hr, OSHA 40hr training, preferred.
- OSHA 500 certification, preferred.
- 4+ years' experience in a related field.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits
package that includes excellent benefits for you and your
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100%
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent
- Paid Parental Leave Benefits
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for
professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web
site: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN or Twitter
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland
Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a
safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital
status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status,
veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries
will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test,
background check and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this
If you don't feel this position is match for you, we encourage you
to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social
networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
to keep up to date on what we're doing as a company.
Keywords: Southland Industries, Draper , Senior Safety Coordinator (2568), Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!