Entry Level Field Trainee-Draper, UT
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job ID: - 395239Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is a
CRH Company. -Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula
for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development
of our employees. - We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality
sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt,
paving and construction services. - We succeed as a team by
embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service,
sustainability, and financial strength. - -Position OverviewThe
Entry Level Field Trainee is responsible for safely performing a
variety of construction duties to assist the crews or at various
locations. This position involves various manual tasks. - The
trainee will be required to help experienced workers by performing
routine tasks such as loading and unloading materials and preparing
and cleaning the worksite for projects. They usually need to learn
from other workers how to do more difficult tasks such as using
special equipment and tools. Some professionals working on this
field are construction workers, technicians, operators, drivers,
laborers, among other specialists. The trainee will spend the first
90 days of employment with a mentor to assist with acclimation to
the job, workforce and company.Key Responsibilities (Essential
Duties and Functions)**Duties and functions will vary depending on
available posts and responsibilities for each position. Trainee
will typically be hired under one of the following position
- Prepares ground surfaces for the road building process. -
Removes debris out of the construction path.
- Hand shovels to prepare ground trenches for pipes and utility
lines. - May dig up existing pipes and lines. - Pipes include
water, sewer, conduit and other utility lines.
- Attaches trench box and pipes to chains or guide wires to be
lifted and moved by -the heavy equipment operator. - Installs
- Operates ground compactors, levels out and rakes dirt, sets
string markers, and removes items within the area to be paved.
- May cut concrete with saw as needed to finish grades.
- Performs machinery maintenance and repairs. - Unplugs and
shovels off conveyors and screens. Changes out screens, rollers,
cone liners, etc. - Repairs conveyor problems. - Greases moving
- Other duties as assigned per supervisorEquipment Operator:
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems
to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Keep time and material records.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor - - - - - - - - - - -
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of end dumps and/or
belly dumps (with and without pups) and related equipment to be
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must keep time and material records.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisorReady Mix Driver:
- Maintains equipment in a safe and clean condition.
- Performs pre and post-trip truck inspections.
- Verify general compliance with mix specifications after loading
and at job site.
- Aligns mixer drum under disbursement chute at the plant to
receive product into the mixer truck drum.
- Learns how to drive a ready mix truck to location for
- Operate ready mix truck to release concrete down truck chute
into area to be poured with concrete.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisorQuality Control
- Safely and efficiently collect samples for testing.
- Set-up, operate and maintain nuclear density gauges for asphalt
and soils compaction.
- Have a working knowledge of state DOT and governing agency job
specifications. - -
- Ability to perform project test procedures relative to
individual levels of certification in testing construction
- Perform sampling, testing and reporting procedures according to
established protocol, having the ability to test construction
material samples and recording test results in a timely and
- Other duties as assigned per supervisorMechanic:
- Learns to troubleshoot problems, making economical and durable
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
using hoists and hand tools.
- Be trained to maintain and repair heavy equipment, trucks,
shop, and non-mobile equipment on a company-wide basis. -
- Will learn to service vehicles/equipment to include oil
changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters and maintaining
preventative maintenance schedules.
- Become skilled at troubleshooting and repairing electrical and
hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions,
drive trains, etc.
- Orders parts and supplies. - Maintains purchase orders and
invoices. - Operates computer for job functions.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisorOther Duties:
- May use various equipment, hand and power tools.
- Picks up and/or delivers construction materials at job site
- Performs job site clean-up.
- Assists with flagging and traffic control as needed.
- Maintains all tools and equipment in a safe and clean
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.Qualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disability to perform the essential
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience is not required.Work Requirements
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. -
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one
- May be subject to drug testing, and physical agilities
- Must have a current and valid driver's license. -Key
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.The employee is frequently required to sit,
climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee
is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and
reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. - The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 -lbs. -
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth
perception.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions;
and extreme cold and/or heat. - The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to loud.The statements included in
this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform the job. - Other duties may be assigned as required. -
Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the
Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities, a
CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Draper , Entry Level Field Trainee-Draper, UT, Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!