Technical Support Engineer for ProxySG Product
Company: Broadcom Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Please Note:1. If you are a first time user, please create your
candidatelogin account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In
> Create Account)2. If you already have a Candidate Account,
please Sign-In before you apply.Job Description:This individual
contributor reports within the Strategic Customer Success
organization. This person works directly with the Network
Information Security (NIS) core customers, and partners with other
Support personnel, customer account teams, and product engineering
to provide world-class support for NIS products. This person may be
assigned as a Designated Support Engineer (DSE) for specific
customers. This person provides support services and incident
management via email, web and telephone in accordance with
established internal and customer facing SLO commitments.
Responsibilities include setting & managing customer expectations,
timely communication, identification of root-cause, performance &
process improvement, troubleshooting, trending and resolving
support cases. This position may include working closely with the
sustaining and development engineering teams, QA, and release
teams. This engineer will identify and reproduce issues, recommend
improvements to the product, and may assist with beta testing of
* Diagnose and solve complex software, hardware and networking
* Provide direct support to internal and external customers via
email, web and telephone in a fast-paced support environment,
including occasional on-call work outside of normal business hours.
Contributes to meeting the team service level objectives.
* Utilize case management tools to clearly document all customer
interactions, technical action plans, status updates and
* Set and manage realistic customer expectations.
* Take complete ownership of reported issues and own/manage them
through to their completion. Perform root-cause analysis and drive
performance & process improvements.
* Coordinate problem resolution across multiple departments and
disciplines; proactively work with internal engineering teams to
communicate and resolve technical problems.
* Develop an in-depth knowledge of the products, functions and
diagnostic capabilities. Learn from training and self-study to
acquire, maintain and improve job skills.
* Use knowledge management tools to research, document and share
problems and their resolutions, including knowledge base articles,
product forums, chat rooms or other preferred methods for knowledge
* Work as a team member with other Technical Support Engineers and
support personnel both in and outside the TSE team to enable
customer success. Provide mentoring to help others with case
investigations, problem solving and knowledge enhancement.
* Develop and deliver supplemental product training to other
Technical Support Engineers.
* Provide feedback to engineering on product performance,
stability, quality and supportability at all stages of the product
* Occasional travel to customer sites to diagnose and resolve
issuesEXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
* 8+ years senior level technical support experience in
networking/security/proxy products problem resolution at the packet
and protocol level.
* BSEE, BSCS degree or equivalent experience is highly
* Ability to use network analysis tools such as Wireshark, TCPdump,
* Excellent working knowledge of protocols and general networking
* Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL at the packet/protocol
* Strong knowledge of protocols including but not limited to: FTP,
DNS, SMTP, ICAP, CIFS, MAPI, authentication protocols (LDAP,
RADIUS, NTLM, Kerberos)
* Knowledge of streaming protocols, instant messaging, and SOCKs is
* Knowledge of PKI, Certificate Management Systems, OpenSSL and
Cryptography is a plus
* Expert in analyzing packet traces of the above protocols
* Experience in embedded operating systems, Linux/UNIX based
operating systems and Windows a plus.
* Proficiency in understanding and troubleshooting software-related
issues utilizing documentation, knowledge base, bug tracking
system, requirements, other technical teams, etc.
* Ability to build test network setup in lab environments to
replicate customer issues.
* Solid authoring skills to document customer information and
recurring issues to support product quality programs and product
development; author and publish content to contribute to training
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Ability to demonstrate assertiveness and confidence when working
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting and Customer Service
* Ability to self-direct work, with demonstrated ability to
complete multiple competing tasks under pressure with a high degree
of flexibility and creative problem solving.Broadcom is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship,
disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records consistent with local law.If you are located
outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will
be used for future correspondence.
Keywords: Broadcom Inc., Draper , Technical Support Engineer for ProxySG Product, Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!