AVP, Analytics - Fraud Data Scientist
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Job Description:Role Summary/Purpose:Our Fraud Analytics team
integrates data science and engineering to develop intelligent data
science solutions, insights and services that improve SYFs fraud
risks and customer experience.As a Lead Data Scientist on the Fraud
Analytics team, you will be responsible for leading a highly
impactful body of work for our partners at Credit, Operation and
other teams. You will work with the VP of Fraud Analytics to build
a foundation of state-of-the-art capabilities to support a number
of ongoing and planned data analytics projects, including
descriptive data analytics and predictive modeling, typically
involving large scale datasets. In addition, you will be a thought
leader and liaison between analytics and the broader business
community to help shape and influence the growth of big data
analytics within SYF. The goal is to help establish the best
practices for data science that modernize the workflow and optimize
the collaboration efficiency, to deliver exceptional fraud
analytics to our partners for their success.This position is
remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we
may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person
engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture
events. To ensure the safety of our colleagues and communities, we
require employees who come together in-person to be fully
vaccinated. Were proud to offer you choice and flexibility.Roles
- Interface with Enterprise Fraud, Fraud Strategy, Fraud
Operation, Cyber Security, Technology and other senior leaders to
establish productive partnerships in order to democratize data
science, deliver innovative solutions and deep insights that
directly impact business outcomes i.e. risk, operational, customer
experience, regulatory and etc.
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders
across business units in order to promote and elevate statistical
and predictive modeling standards.
- Uncover opportunities to apply data science for business
- Communicate findings and recommendations for both executive and
technical audiences to influence business decision makings.
- Responsible for the conception, design, prototype, planning,
execution and prioritizing of large scale data analytics and
predictive modeling projects, as well as experimenting with new
models and techniques.
- Collaborate with Technology to create an enterprise level
Machine Learning ecosystem which includes the ML platform, tooling,
workflow, and governance processes.
- Collaborate with data and software engineers to enable
deployment of data products, analytical systems and models that
will scale across the company's ecosystem.
- Accountable for code quality and documentation and model
documentation per policies and procedures.
- Lead model governance processes with MRM, Legal and Compliance
to ensure successful model approvals.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as
- Bachelor's Degree with preferred concentrations in Mathematics,
Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Science, Engineering, or
other quantitative discipline. In lieu of degree, a high school
diploma and 9+ years of analytics work experience in the financial
services, credit card, and/or payment industries.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience including:
- At least 3 years of experience in analytics preferably within
- At least 3 years of experience in ML model development using
large scale data.
- At least 3 years of experience in open source programming
languages for large scale data analysis, such as Python, Spark,
SQL, Hadoop.Desired Characteristics
- Advanced degree (PhD, MS) preferred in related field (Data
Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer
- Exceptional communication, partnership, collaboration and
influencing skills - ability to translate findings to executive
audience to influence decision making.
- Strong ability of managing multiple projects with competing
- Fundamental understanding of probability and statistics.
- Ability to employ ingenuity and creative data analysis within a
robust statistical framework.
- Strong Machine learning skills e.g., Regression,
- Experience in developing predictive models within an HDFS
ecosystem, i.e. Enterprise Data Lake (EDL)
- Experience collaborating with data scientists, data engineers,
business analysts, business SMEsEligibility Requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background
investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service
with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles.
Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the
associate will have a minimum 6 months time in position before they
can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or
greater, must have at least 24 months time in position before they
can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance
expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the
approval of your manager and HR if you dont meet the time in
position or performance expectations).Our CommitmentWhen you join
us, youll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your
skills, experience, and voice are not only heardbut valued. We
celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our
individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a
great place to work. Together, were building a future where we can
all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power
of our 8 Diversity Networks+
(https://www.synchronycareers.com/our-culture/#diversity) , with
more than 60% of our workforce engaged, youll find community to
connect with and opportunity to go beyond your passions.This starts
when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran
status.Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please
tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation
include making a change to the application process or work
procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a
sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career
Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can
be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from
8am 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.The salary range
for this position is 75,000.00 - 150,000.00 USD AnnualSalaries are
adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions
are bonus eligible.Grade/Level: 11Job Family Group:Marketing
Keywords: Synchrony, Draper , AVP, Analytics - Fraud Data Scientist, Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!