Security Hands-On Author
Company: Pluralsight, LLC
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is also available for employment in these
areas:Remote - USA, Remote - UtahJob Description:Join Pluralsight
on our mission to democratize technology skills and bring
high-quality instruction to thousands of security professionals
across the globe! Pluralsight is currently hiring a Security Author
to work full-time producing content core to our library. This
position will include valuable opportunities to expand your brand
and experience through participation in research, conferences, and
other engagements, as well as a chance to help educate the next
generation of security professionals.
Role RequirementsPluralsight Hands-On Authors are a unique breed of
technical professionals applying practical experience to creating
and automating realistic hands-on learning environments. As a staff
Security Hands-On Author you will be accountable for developing
educational content of the highest quality to be published on the
Pluralsight platform. This role focuses on building and supporting
realistic security operations environments and content.
- Conversion of new TTPs and POCs into advanced hands-on training
environments with research and SME support.
- Automating robust hands-on environments to create rich,
interactive experiences, pushing the boundaries to develop
world-class, on-demand hands-on training.
- Engineer content and capabilities that advance content
capabilities and provide new and creative features and options to
lab authors and customers. Ex. Interactive questions, automated
attack-defend, dynamic events.
- Develop and maintain security images.
- Develop and maintain environment templates supporting various
- Serve as tier 2 support for issues with lab
- Collaborating with peers for cross-role-focused research,
projects, and advanced "purple team" capability
- Working hand-in-hand with security staff authors to support the
rapid creation of published lab content.
- Develop automation and security-focused scripting competencies
with dedicated training time.
- Pluralsight authors must embrace the mindset of a "lifelong
learner" and be capable of learning new techniques, processes, and
technologies through continuous and rigorous research and
self-directed study. It is expected that the research and
self-study efforts are presented in the content you create.
As a staff Security Hand-On Author, it is expected that you will
meet the following requirements:
- 2+ years of (technical) security or scripting
- Proficient with at least one of the following scripting
languages. (Terraform, Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Familiarity with Bash and PowerShell.
- Familiarity with Packer and Cloud Image management.
- Understanding of basic technical security controls, defenses,
- It is preferable that you can show community involvement in the
form of participation in open source projects; membership in
community organizations, user groups, etc.; conference/event
organization; publication of articles, white papers, books,
- It is preferable that you hold one or more industry-recognized
security certifications from certifying bodies such as GIAC,
CompTIA, and Offensive Security.
- Familiarity with CTFs and other cyber challenge
- Proficiency in scripting languages and automation, including
Bash, Powershell, Python, and Terraform#LI-Remote
Keywords: Pluralsight, LLC, Draper , Security Hands-On Author, Other , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!