Heavy Road Construction Equipment Operator - Draper, UT
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job ID: 394939Staker Parson Companies, a CRH company, is a
member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the
future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety,
empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the
preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products,
ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We
succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect,
innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Position OverviewThis is a skilled position involving the safe and
efficient operation of various types of construction equipment
including but not limited to Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Haul
Trucks, Water Trucks, Etc. Essential Duties and
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems
to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Keep time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
- Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various
- Supervisory Responsibilities: NoneQualificationsTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disability to perform the essential functions.Education and/or
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
and one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions Computer
- None Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license required.
- Commercial Driver's License not required, but a plus.Other
Skills and Abilities:
- MSHA Training
- Familiar with GPSKey CompetenciesTo perform the job
successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following
- Be able to operate Paddle Wheel Scraper, Wheel Dozer, Excavator
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Physical
DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee
is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand,
walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their
shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any
where up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision and depth perception.Work EnvironmentThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather
conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to
high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud. What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Staker Parson Companies, a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Draper , Heavy Road Construction Equipment Operator - Draper, UT, Professions , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!