Company: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Ralph L Wadsworth (RLW) Construction is looking for a Heavy
Highway Structural Concrete Superintendent in UT and in CO who is
experienced in overseeing and managing highway structural concrete
projects consisting of Bridge substructure and superstructures
pre-cast and cast-in-place applications, retaining walls, drainage
structures, bridge deck replacement, falsework, and post tensioned
concrete for large heavy civil projects.Provide overall management
direction for existing projects and develop new business
opportunities relative to a particular Client, group of Clients,
geographical area or type of project.ResponsibilitiesStructural
Concrete Superintendent responsibilities and abilities include but
are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through Human
Capital Department, subordinate Project Superintendents, etc.
- Plan, organize and manage materials, equipment and
- Establish project objectives, schedules, policies, procedures
and performance standards within boundaries of corporate
- Proactively recognize and manage potential claim/change
orders/value engineering issues on projects
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts, to
facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction
of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule
and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and
implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor
negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental
equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and
simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client. Is
responsible for the overall profit and loss of each job and
proactively seeks profit opportunities on all projects.
- Negotiate Change Orders
- Prepare and update monthly a P3 scheduling for all jobs
- Monthly tracking of profit and loss on all jobs
- Weekly tracking of Labor performance on all jobs
- Handle all correspondence with Owner and Subcontractor
- Ensure acceptable "Contractor Performance Rating" scores for
- Create a positive image for company by managing quality control
- Uphold & maintain all Safety policies and standards on all
- Review & finalize project costs & adjustments upon project
- Review job performance with upper management after
- Perform design reviews on design build projects.
- Facilitate and perform third party design reviews for
structural concrete applications.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate
- This position supervises all workers on their projects through
Project Superintendents as well as the work of Project
- QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 15+ years of experience with large highway structural concrete
projects or equivalent combination of experience and education (BS
degree, AS degree in Civil Engineer or Construction Management or
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience and understanding of
all phases of heavy civil construction.
- A minimum of 15 years of reading blueprint and specs for heavy
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a Superintendent
managing large highway structural concrete projects such as bridge
substructures, superstructures and bridge deck replacement.
- A minimum of 10 years of supervising concrete projects
consisting of highway retaining walls, highway drainage structures,
and post tensioned concrete for heavy civil projects.
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Keywords: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction, Draper , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!