SR Commercial Concrete Estimator
Company: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Ralph L Wadsworth is looking for a SR Commercial Concrete
Estimator to join our team ASAP
Overview Responsible for the preparation of estimates primarily for
commercial parking structures and large commercial concrete
footings and foundations. Other estimates could include commercial
buildings (apartment complex, office buildings, and vertical
builds). This position will work closely with Project Owners,
Vendors, Subcontractors, Project Managers, Accounting and the Chief
Estimator. Meticulous attention to detail is required for this job.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings and attend pre-bid
meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Prepare estimates by calculating various statistical data such
as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per
man-hour and equipment costs and applying to complete scope of
- Review/research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts,
productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to
develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Incorporate historical data into unit and man-hour
- Participate in developing bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating
figures including current (accurate) information on prices from
suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists,
- Create, send and manage subcontractor requests for
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on
cost, engineering quality or availability of materials.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating
extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring materials,
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college, technical
school or university in Engineering or Construction Management
- 7+ years of commercial estimating experience
- 7+ years of reading (in English) and analyzing and responding
to engineering drawings, technical plans, purchase orders, and
- 7+ years of responding to common inquiries from customers,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- 7+ years of presenting information to top management, public
groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Good knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations and calculate mathematical
extensions. Also, good knowledge of geometric formulas and
equations are required to calculate area, volume, etc. in
- 7+ years of defining problems, collecting data, establishing
facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- General understanding of estimating techniques, cost control
and material pricing.
Keywords: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction, Draper , SR Commercial Concrete Estimator, Professions , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!