SR Commercial Estimator
Company: Ignite Recruitment
Posted on: August 1, 2022
OverviewResponsible for the preparation of estimates primarily
for commercial parking structures and large commercial concrete
footings and foundations. Other estimates could include commercial
buildings (apartment complex, office buildings, and vertical
builds). This position will work closely with Project Owners,
Vendors, Subcontractors, Project Managers, Accounting and the Chief
Estimator. Meticulous attention to detail is required for this
- Review proposal specifications and drawings and attend pre-bid
meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Prepare estimates by calculating various statistical data such
as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per
man-hour and equipment costs and applying to complete scope of
- Review/research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts,
productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to
develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Incorporate historical data into unit and man-hour
- Participate in developing bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating
figures including current
- (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct
contact, sales brochures,
- price lists, etc.
- Create, send and manage subcontractor requests for
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on
- quality or availability of materials.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating
extra work items, change
- orders, credits, procuring materials, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college, technical
school or university in Engineering or Construction Management
- 7+ years of commercial estimating experience
- 7+ years of reading (in English) and analyzing and responding
to engineering drawings,
- technical plans, purchase orders, and contracts.
- 7+ years of responding to common inquiries from customers,
regulatory agencies, or
- members of the business community.
- 7+ years of presenting information to top management, public
groups, and/or boards of
- Good knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations and calculate mathematical
extensions. Also, good knowledge of geometric formulas and
equations are required to calculate area, volume, etc. in
- 7+ years of defining problems, collecting data, establishing
facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- General understanding of estimating techniques, cost control
and material pricing.
Keywords: Ignite Recruitment, Draper , SR Commercial Estimator, Professions , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!