Spec, Logistics Systems Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineer
Job Location: USA-UT-Salt Lake City
Job Code: CS20222812-95170
L3Harris' Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a
Specialist Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will be
based at our Salt Lake City-UT facility.
The Specialist Systems Engineer supports clients in the management
or direction of logistics support for one or more programs,
including appropriate supporting organizations. The Systems
Engineer will provide direct support to the customer in the
planning, coordinating and execution of numerous acquisition
program logistics efforts for legacy and future systems as well as
technical refreshes/ upgrades. The Systems Engineer will provide
logistics, sustainment, and Life Cycle support; training; advice;
This position will function as both an ILS Manager and Systems
Logistics Engineer responsible for life cycle cost analysis,
maintenance planning activities, repair management, supply chain
management, provisioning and various other logistics tasks.
- Coordinate all logistics elements (e.g., spares, support
equipment, training, facilities, technical data, provisioning,
etc.) to ensure all integrated logistics support requirements for
the program are identified.
- Participate in site surveys, and program reviews.
- Perform analyses of sustainment or related Diminishing
Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) issues and
recommend suitable replacements.
- Provide support to accomplish the generation and review of
logistics support documentation that includes the following:
Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSP), Life Cycle Sustainment
Plans (LCSP), Technical Orders (TOs), Technical Manuals, Electronic
Technical Manuals, Illustrated Parts Breakdowns, and work
specifications to ensure the documentation meets Government
logistics support requirements.
- Implement DoD Acquisition and Life-cycle Management policies
- Determine resources (e.g. funds, manpower, facilities,
equipment, supplies, and services) required to fulfill the
- Obtain and maintains any security clearances, status or
licenses required by client to perform work.
- Use and apply Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 5000
acquisition processes, relating it to products, production, and
- Conduct logistics technical analyses and assessments (e.g.
supportability analysis, Level of Repair Analysis, range and depth
of spare parts, DMSMS, risk assessments, etc.)
- Supports the development and entry of Logistics management
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience
or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8
years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of
2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in Systems Logistics Engineering.Experience with
LSA, MIL-STD-1388 or its replacement GEI-0007, Reliability,
Maintainability, Availability and equivalents.
- Experience with cost account and project engineering management
will be required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills along with the
ability to work independently or in a team environment is a
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Draper , Spec, Logistics Systems Engineer, Professions , Draper, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!